Notify

  1. #1
    Greg
    Guest

    Notify

    Hi all, I have a problem where everytime I open my worksheet it comes up
    with the warning is locked for editing. I have no idea why this is
    happening it is not saved as a read only file. Does any one have any idea
    to why this is happening?

    Thanks

    Greg

  2. #2

    Re: Notify

    maybe
    http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly
    from Debra Dalgleish's site.

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Notify

    In addition if the file is being opened over a network and Debra's site does
    not help then Knowledge Base Article
    Q328170 may be the reason

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Notify

    some more reasons for read only that may be a bit more obvious:
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/readonly.htm