This is how you do it, select all cells to the right, above, below and to
the left of the area you want to look like a form and use a fill colour,
then select the whole sheet, select the cells where you want to allow input
by using mouse and ctrl key, then do format>cells>protection and make sure
locked is unchecked, then protect the sheet

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)