conditional Formatting golf scores

  1. #1
    Tommy
    Guest

    conditional Formatting golf scores

    I have a golf spreadsheet for scores if the score is under par the color is
    red if it is par or over it is black. I have two scores columa's and a total
    columa. When I do this the total columa will use the 1st score red or the
    2nd score columa. So the total is not the right color. Please help. I use
    a columa that I can change the par for each course. So my forumula has the
    par in it everytime.

    name score score total
    player 71 72 143
    red black red
    player 73 71 144
    black red black

    This is how it should look, of course the numbers or in color not the color
    written under the number.

    Thank You

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: conditional Formatting golf scores

    Wouldn't you check total against 2 times par?

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tommy
    Guest

    Re: conditional Formatting golf scores

    When I use that if the score is 81 in the first round the total shows up in
    red i need it to show up in black.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: conditional Formatting golf scores

    I think you need to explain how that shows up as black, as a score of 81
    would push the 2 round score well above par.

  5. #5
    Tommy
    Guest

    Re: conditional Formatting golf scores

    Bob

    soory it works, replied to wrong post.

    thanks

  6. #6
    Tommy
    Guest

    Re: conditional Formatting golf scores

    Bob

    Sorry for all the trouble. But when I put a score in the first round above
    par which is 72, it shows up red in the total column, it needs to show up in
    black. Red is under par and black is par or above. When I use the 2x it
    works at the two rounds are complete. I'm just trying to get the total to
    look right after the first round.

    thank you

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: conditional Formatting golf scores

    Tommy, you need different CF for scores and total. The score should show
    black for 72 and above, red for below. The total should show red for 144 and
    above, black below. Or at least that is how I se it.

  8. #8
    Tommy
    Guest

    Re: conditional Formatting golf scores

    Bob

    that is correct, I have cf for scores and it works, but I can't get the
    total to work. Can you help me with that. In the total column it would be
    any score below par is in red, so 71 and below and 143 and below. I can't
    get this part to work. i total is either always red or black. I think I
    would need more than 3 cf in the total column.

    Thank you

  9. #9
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: conditional Formatting golf scores

    Tommy,

    Is there any way you can set a range that tells you this must be a single
    round score, or a total. For instance, we know that less than 71 is a single
    round (no-one is that good to only score 71 in 2 rounds :-), and maybe say
    anything over 120 is 2 rounds. If so you could then use

    =OR(A1<=71, AND(A1>+120,A1<=143))

    and set that to red. Will that work for you?

  10. #10
    Tommy
    Guest

    Re: conditional Formatting golf scores

    Bob

    That Worked great. Thank You for your help.

    Tommy