Sort or sub-total by Fill color or font color

  1. #1
    Excel_seek_help
    Guest

    Sort or sub-total by Fill color or font color

    I grouped my worksheet by highlighting cells with different Fill Color or
    Font color. Will there be a way to sort the data with fill color or font
    color. Further, can I subtotal the data with fill color or font color?
    Appreciate your response in advance.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Sort or sub-total by Fill color or font color

    Excel will not sort, sum, count and other functions based on BG color or Font
    color.

    You need to download some User Defined Functions from a site such as Boob
    Phillips' colorcounter page.

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP