converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel

  1. #1
    Six Sigma Blackbelt
    Guest

    converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel

    converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel, this is my data
    set - 0:16:30 in Day hours and minutes, I need to change this to just minutes
    wich would be 990 minutes, how can i do this please.

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel

    Try

    =A1*24*60*60

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel

    Format Custom as [mm]
    If you want to calculate with it as number 990:

    =A1*24*60

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel

    If you have something that looks like 0:16:30 and you think it is 0 days, 16
    hours and 30 minutes,
    it's no, excel thinks it is 16 minutes and 30 seconds,

    however just as long as you know that you can convert it, assume the value
    is in
    A1

    =A1*86400

    format as general

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

  5. #5
    Six Sigma Blackbelt
    Guest

    Re: converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel

    Thanks that was a life saver, thanks again.

  6. #6
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Sigma Blackbelt
    converting Days Hours & minutes into just minutes in excel, this is my data
    set - 0:16:30 in Day hours and minutes, I need to change this to just minutes
    wich would be 990 minutes, how can i do this please.
    If you're just concerned with what is displayed.....

    If you input 0:16:30 in excel then this will be interpreted as 16 minutes 30 seconds.In this case to display as 990 custom format as [s]

    If you do indeed have a cell formatted as d:hh:mm which shows 0:16:30 then just reformat as [m] and it should show 990