How to prevent Reviewing Toolbar from appearing constantly?

  1. #1
    korrye
    Guest

    How to prevent Reviewing Toolbar from appearing constantly?

    Reviewing toolbar reappears everytime Excle is opened. How do I prevent that
    from happening?

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: How to prevent Reviewing Toolbar from appearing constantly?

    Right click in the toolbar and DESELECT the Reviewing toolbar.

  3. #3
    Bob Umlas, Excel MVP
    Guest

    RE: How to prevent Reviewing Toolbar from appearing constantly?

    in your personal.xls file's Workbook_Open event, hide the toolbar:
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
    End Sub

  4. #4
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: How to prevent Reviewing Toolbar from appearing constantly?

    Bob, where do you find the Workbook_Open event in the personal.xls file?

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How to prevent Reviewing Toolbar from appearing constantly?

    Alt + F11, in the project pane to the left find the personal.xls and double
    click ThisWorkbook

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: How to prevent Reviewing Toolbar from appearing constantly?

    That wasn't the question. Is the workbook_open event present in the
    personal.xls workbook by default, or must I add it to the personal.xls
    workbook to do what was suggested previously?

  7. #7
    Barb Reinhardt

  8. #8
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How to prevent Reviewing Toolbar from appearing constantly?

    I assumed that you knew that you could paste the code Bob gave you into the
    window that opens when you double click ThisWorkbook. To answer your
    question, the workbook open event is somewhat present but just the first and
    the last line, in that window that opens if you would have followed my
    instructions there is a dropdown, default is General but you can select
    Workbook from there and when you do you'll get this

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()

    End Sub

    your code would go in there, bust since Bob gave you all the code you could
    just paste it into the blank window without selecting from the dropdown
    first

    then on the right hand side you can see the different events that are
    available, obviously you must put in the code that you want the event to
    execute

    Of course Personal.xls has to be created first, it's not there by default

  9. #9
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: How to prevent Reviewing Toolbar from appearing constantly?

    Thank you. That answers my question.