Prevent Printing of Specific Cells

  1. #1
    Ken Mitchell
    Guest

    Prevent Printing of Specific Cells

    Hi, folks. I'm looking for a way to format a cell so that the cell(s) will
    _display_ on the worksheet, but not _print_ when the worksheet is printed.

    I'm working on a sales worksheet. Some data on the worksheet, such as the
    "dealer cost", need to be visible to the salesman and used in some
    calculations, but if the salesman prints the worksheet, I don't want those
    items to print.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Prevent Printing of Specific Cells

    Ken, have a look here for a way to do it,

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ken Mitchell
    Guest

    Re: Prevent Printing of Specific Cells

    Hmmm, I must not be doing it quite right.

    I copied the appropriate sections of the code and ended up with

    With ActiveSheet
    .Rows("31:31").EntireRow.Hidden = True
    .PrintOut
    .Rows("31:31").EntireRow.Hidden = False
    End With
    End Sub

    because I wanted to suppress printing for the cells in Row 31. Now it
    prints the page twice; once with row 31 suppressed, and once with row 31
    visible.

    Any idea what I did wrong? Thanks.

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Prevent Printing of Specific Cells

    Read the code Ken

    I use this to cancel the normal print
    Cancel = True

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  5. #5
    Bill (Unique as my name)
    Guest

    Re: Prevent Printing of Specific Cells

    The Stupid Way:

    Link conditional formatting to a cell value to change the font and
    background color to what ever color you decide. Change the value of
    the cell in code or manually before printing. After printing, change
    the value back.

  6. #6
    Ken Mitchell
    Guest