I have Office 2003. Why can't I read an old excel email attachment

  1. #1
    Kevin
    Guest

    I have Office 2003. Why can't I read an old excel email attachment

    Help!!! The old excel program my be '97 vintage? When I open the attachment,
    it is jibberish!

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas, Excel MVP
    Guest

    RE: I have Office 2003. Why can't I read an old excel email attachment

    Excel 2003 can read valid excel files badk to practically any version.
    Certainly Excel 5/95 at least! Your file is either NOT excel, or is corrupted.