How do you sort copied from internet data in Excel?

  1. #1
    Tres
    Guest

    How do you sort copied from internet data in Excel?

    Copied parts of my cell phone bill to an Excel file for sorting. When I go
    to sort it gives me an error message that merged cells must be identically
    sized. Help tells me This error only appears if you attempted to sort a range
    of previously merged cells, but not all cells in the sort range were merged
    or are not of the same size.

    To avoid this behavior, unmerge all the merged cells in the range, or merge
    all the cells in the range to be the same as the largest merged cell grouping.

    How do I do this?

  2. #2

    Re: How do you sort copied from internet data in Excel?

    Select all the cells
    format|cells|alignment tab
    uncheck merge cells

  3. #3
    Tres
    Guest

    Re: How do you sort copied from internet data in Excel?

    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I tried that last nite but when I opened
    the alignment tab merged cells and wrapped text were gray and I checked them
    to uncheck but did not trying check and uncheck again, patience is what I
    need at this point, too.
    Thanks again!
    Tres