Protecting Macro and selected sheets

  1. #1
    ST
    Guest

    Protecting Macro and selected sheets

    I have written a macro to generate reports in few sheets of a
    workbook.Is there a way to prevent users from seeing the macro and at
    the same time allowing them to view/edit the rest of the workbook.

    Also is it possible to protect selected sheets in a workbook?

  2. #2

    Re: Protecting Macro and selected sheets

    You can protect your code by doing this within the VBE:

    Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab
    Lock the project for viewing and give it a memorable password.

    You can use tools|protection|protect sheet
    but you have to do it one sheet at a time.

    (or write a macro that would loop though the selected sheets)