decimal to binary

  1. #1

    decimal to binary

    What I am looking to do is make myself a truth table. Is there anyway I can just type zero through 255 and in the next column excel will give me it's binary number.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Use =DEC2BIN()
    Google is your best friend!

  3. #3
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: decimal to binary

    =DEC2BIN(A1,8) assuming that the number is in cell A1

    Regards

    Trevor

    "boardmaker" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: decimal to binary

    Hi

    =DEC2BIN(A1)

    NB! Analysis Toolpack must be installed!

    Arvi Laanemets

  5. #5
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: decimal to binary

    If column A has your decimal numbers, (and starts in row 1) set this formula
    up in B1:
    =DEC2BIN(A1)

    If it shows a #NAME error, go to Tools | Add-Ins and select the Analysis
    Tool Pak and then edit the formula to make it show up right.

    Drag the formula down the sheet as far as you need it to go.