How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I enter the = equal sign?

  1. #1
    Dmitry
    Guest

    How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I enter the = equal sign?

    Hello!
    How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I enter the =
    equal sign? Clicking on it does not select it.
    Best regards,
    Dima

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I en

    I'm not sure what yo're trying to do Dmitry. If you type a equal sign in a
    cell you are commencing to enter a formula.....and then if you left-click on
    another cell and then press Enter, you have just asked Excel to bring the
    value from that other cell and place it in the cell where you typed the equal
    sign. This is a short-cut method instead of having to type the other cells
    address. If this is not what you're trying to do, then please post back with
    more details.

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Dmitry
    Guest

    Re: How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I en

    Thanks Vaya con Dios for replying.
    Yes, this is what I'm trying to do. But clicking on the cell to the left
    does not select it and does not enter it's address to the formula. This
    happens to some cells with data sometimes.
    "CLR" <[email protected]> сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where

    You should be able to Left-click on A1, type AAA and press Enter. Then
    Left-click on B1 and press = and then Left-click on A1 again and press Enter.
    AAA should show up in B1, and the formula =A1 should show up in the formula
    Bar when B1 is selected. If you cannot do this, then something is wrong. To
    determine if the problem is with the file, or with your computer, try moving
    the file to another computer and see if the problem moves with it. Also, try
    opening a brand new Excel file on your computer and trying the above
    exercize. If it don't work, then the problem is with your computer or your
    install of Excel.

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I en

    Does this occur on just one sheet?

    Maybe the sheet is protected and you are not allowed to select locked or
    unlocked cells?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  6. #6
    Dmitry
    Guest

    Re: How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where

    Thanks Vaya con Dios for your suggestions.
    Yes, the problem is with the file to another computer. The problem does not
    exists with a brand new Excel file. How to prevent the problem happening?
    The problem happens from time to time with different files.
    "CLR" <[email protected]> сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
    news:[email protected]...
    > You should be able to Left-click on A1, type AAA and press Enter. Then
    > Left-click on B1 and press = and then Left-click on A1 again and press

    Enter.
    > AAA should show up in B1, and the formula =A1 should show up in the

    formula
    > Bar when B1 is selected. If you cannot do this, then something is wrong.

    > determine if the problem is with the file, or with your computer, try

    moving
    > the file to another computer and see if the problem moves with it. Also,

    try
    > opening a brand new Excel file on your computer and trying the above
    > exercize. If it don't work, then the problem is with your computer or

    your
    > install of Excel.
    >
    > hth
    > Vaya con Dios,
    > Chuck, CABGx3
    >

    > "Dmitry" wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks Vaya con Dios for replying.
    > > Yes, this is what I'm trying to do. But clicking on the cell to the left
    > > does not select it and does not enter it's address to the formula. This
    > > happens to some cells with data sometimes.
    > > "CLR" <[email protected]> OIIAYEI/OIIAYEIA ? II?IOONE

    OIAAOAYAA:

  7. #7
    Dmitry
    Guest

    Re: How to point to (select) a cell to the left from a cell where I en

    Thanks Gord Dibben for replying.
    Yes, now this occurs on just one sheet. The sheet is not protected. How to
    prevent the problem happening? The problem happens from time to time with
    different files.
    "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
    news:[email protected]...