Averaging Time Difference

  1. #1

    Question Averaging Time Difference

    Can I average a column of times (that were determined as a difference from two other columns)? The times are being formatted with a MOD function due to the times could be on two different days.

    Now to make it more complicated, I would like to only averge the time difference that corresponds to another column that is represented by a constant.

    Ex:
    Col A Col B Col C Col D
    2 12:14 12:15 0:01
    1 23:56 00:02 0.06

    I am trying to determine the time difference between Col B and Col C with the result in Col D. Again I am using a MOD due to date change. I then want to only pick out all "1" or "2" in Col A and average the time difference in Col D that corresponds to that.

    Do I need to format the cells differently than times?

    Please help!

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Averaging Time Difference

    Try:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--((A1:A50=1)+(A1:A50=2))*(D1:D50))/SUMPRODUCT(--((A1:A50=1)+(A1:A50=2)))

    If you require answer in minutes/seconds format as mm:ss

    HTH