Autofilter or Advanced filter not working as I want to!

  1. #1

    Question Autofilter or Advanced filter not working as I want to!

    Hi...

    I have this list of products from A2:A250 , companys orders B2:B250 & C3:C250 and so on...

    what i would like to do is to be able to wiew only the filled cells all together at the same time for all the companys... say you have en order on B3 , C216 , D59 then I would like after filtering just see those three orders and not all 250 products so I would have to scroll and be observant to see what orders are made... you get it? hmm

    Thanks / Jennifer

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Autofilter or Advanced filter not working as I want to!

    Jennifer

    I would suggest that you include a "helper" column, perhaps called "All
    Orders" as column E.

    Then, in cell E2, add the formula: =COUNTA(B2:D2) and drag down to the
    bottom of your data.

    Now add AutoFilter on columns A to E. Custom Filter column E on "is greater
    than" with a value of 0 (zero).

    You should get the desired result.

    You'll need to adjust the position of the helper column dependent on the
    number of companies.

    It might make sense to insert the helper column as column B and then change
    the formula to:

    =COUNTA(C2:IV2) ... or whatever is the maximum number of companies.

    Regards

    Trevor

    "Hamidam" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Angry Hehe... yeah.. one problem though

    I have the swedish version of excel so some of the formulas like Find is Hitta and so on... so there is a little problem of finding the replacement word for COUNTA... crap microsoft didn't have that in mind that maybe their programs could be universal so the files could be used by more than the swedes... ****... and if i install the english version my boss won't be able to use it anyway...

    anyone who can help me?

    Thanks a bunch / Jennifer

  4. #4

    Okk.. it was just the regular summation huh?

    hehe... that was pretty clever! I even understand it!

    Thanks very much Trevor! Some solutions are just great! And easy! And that's the way i like it!

    hihi

    Jennifer

  5. #5

    Re: Autofilter or Advanced filter not working as I want to!

    KeepItCool has a translator utility at:
    http://members.chello.nl/jvolk/keepitcool/