unwanted empty rows at worksheet bottom

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    annapolis, Md.
    MS-Off Ver

    unwanted empty rows at worksheet bottom

    Sometimes tens of thousands of empty rows suddenly appear at the bottom of a worksheet thru no intentional action on my part. How can I eliminate them from the worksheet so that the vertical scroll bar resets its bottom limit to my intended bottom row.

    Thanks,
    Joe Miller

  2. #2

    Re: unwanted empty rows at worksheet bottom

    xl97 to xl2003 have 64k rows--whether they're used or not.

    But if the scroll bar goes way past what you think is the last used row...

    Debra Dalgleish shows techniques to reset that last used cell:
    http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused