Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

whats the keyboard short cut for inserting a row in Excel

  1. #1
    Subin
    Guest

    whats the keyboard short cut for inserting a row in Excel

    whats the keyboard short cut for inserting a row in Excel , deleting a row

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: whats the keyboard short cut for inserting a row in Excel

    Hi

    Ctrl +
    CTRL -

    If you select the row header you don't see the dialog

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Rajesh HR, BAngalore
    Guest

    RE: whats the keyboard short cut for inserting a row in Excel

    Select the location for inserting a New Row

    Press <CTRL> and press +,

    This would insert a New ROW

  4. #4

    Re: whats the keyboard short cut for inserting a row in Excel

    For Ctrl + + to automatically insert a row, you have to do the extra
    step of highlighting the whole row first. If you don't, you'll get a
    dialog box requiring you to make a choice and then either hit Enter or
    click OK. To me, that's not really a shortcut.

    The speed key sequence Alt+I,R to me is much quicker and simpler -
    you don't have to highlight the row first and you don't have to deal
    with a dialog box. (By the way, Alt+I,C will automatically insert a
    column.)

Closed Thread