Sequential Numbering.

  1. #1
    Rodney
    Guest

    Sequential Numbering.

    I have a column of numbers in
    assorted sequential but non contiguous blocks from 4 to 30.
    I seek a formula to renumber them 1 and onwards,
    until a lower number is found, whereupon they would begin again at 1.

    Can anyone assist please?

    eg:

    Col A

    I seek Column B to show

  2. #2
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: Sequential Numbering.

    enter 1 in B1
    enter =IF(A2>A1,B1+1,1) in B2 and copy it down

    Regards

    --
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K