Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

How do I move workbooks w/o having to reset the links?

  1. #1
    Chris
    Guest

    How do I move workbooks w/o having to reset the links?

    I would like to make copies of folders containing several workbooks, which
    changes the path to the source workbook for the numerous links within. Then,
    when updates are offered, there are some links that cannot be updated because
    the source cannot be found. It's clear that the path has been changed, but
    is there any way to prevent the path from changing?

  2. #2
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: How do I move workbooks w/o having to reset the links?

    Not sure what you mean by keeping the path from changing. You should be able
    to fix the links that are not updating (because the source was moved) by
    going into Edit/Links. Then, select the source file that is not updating,
    click Change Source, and browse for the correct location of the source file.