How do I create a counter for invoices, order numbers etc

  1. #1
    nolanpatrick
    Guest

    How do I create a counter for invoices, order numbers etc

    Our new business is creating invoice, order number etc templates and we are
    wondering if it is possible to have excel automatically apply the next number
    as each document is created for each new transaction? If so how is it done?
    If not, are there any other Microsoft Office programs that have this feature?

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a counter for invoices, order numbers etc

    Click here and do a search for "Invoice":
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/kblist.php
    You'll find several options.

    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I create a counter for invoices, order numbers etc

    See JE McGimpsey's site for help on this.

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP