Adding Excel newsgroup to Outlook Express

  1. #1
    Kenny Dee
    Guest

    Adding Excel newsgroup to Outlook Express

    How do I add this newsgroup to Outlook Express. I find it hard to work in
    frame websites.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Adding Excel newsgroup to Outlook Express

    Hit the Newsgroups button or Tools-->Newsgroups, type
    microsoft.public.excel.newusers into the "Display newsgroups that
    contain..." box and hit Enter. Then select it and hit Subscribe.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Adding Excel newsgroup to Outlook Express

    Saved from a previous post:

    If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and
    paste into MSIE).

    (and a few more for MSWord)

    (You can always connect to more later)

    Here are some links that explain it better:

    Chip Pearson has some notes written by Leonard Meads at:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm

    David McRitchie's notes at:
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6nws01.htm

    Tushar Mehta's notes at:
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tut...e_ng/index.htm

    And if you're looking for old posts:

    Or you can use google (maybe a few hours behind) to search for stuff you've
    posted (and find the replies, too)

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...Excel*&num=100

    Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

  4. #4
    Kenny Dee
    Guest

    Re: Adding Excel newsgroup to Outlook Express

    Thank you David Peterson, this is what I was looking for.