Excel is behaving strangely for no apparent reason.

  1. #1
    canyondude
    Guest

    Excel is behaving strangely for no apparent reason.

    My Excel has recently begun to bog down and even freeze up after performing
    simple functions such as calculating formulae or drag-filling. Speaking of
    drag-filling, sometimes it will fill the same text in all cells that I am
    dragging through instead of filling a formula progressively throughout. Any
    ideas why this might be happening? I recently loaded similar workbooks
    written in different versions of Excel onto a USB drive and downloaded them
    onto my computer to work on them. Might this be the cause and, if so, is
    there a cure. Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    RE: Excel is behaving strangely for no apparent reason.

    Hi

    I would recommend running "Detect & Repair" from under the Help menu option.

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD

    julied_ng at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au

  3. #3
    canyondude
    Guest

    RE: Excel is behaving strangely for no apparent reason.

    Thanks JulieD, I did that and it is still happening.

  4. #4
    Lady Layla
    Guest

    Re: Excel is behaving strangely for no apparent reason.

    This may sound simple, but have you cleaned your Temp Internet files (including
    offline) and cleaned out all of your TEMP directories? This can cause Excel to
    bog at times.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    canyondude
    Guest

    Re: Excel is behaving strangely for no apparent reason.

    Thank you Lady Layla. I appreciate you taking the time to post.
    I have cleared my IE temp files, but I'm not sure that I know how to clear
    the Temp Directories. Can you instruct me please? Thanks.