excel office V excel viewer, slight problem

  1. #1
    Scudo
    Guest

    excel office V excel viewer, slight problem

    I have simple spreadsheet for converting UK £s to Euro it is set up to put
    the current rate into a box and it converts automatically from one to the
    other from 50p to £100. I have sent this to a couple of people but they have
    `excel viewer` rather than `office` so the programme doesnt work for them.
    Is there a way around this, is there something I could download and redo so
    it works for them in `excel viewer`?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: excel office V excel viewer, slight problem

    The Excel viewer purports to be able to allow users to open, view, and
    print, and even copy data, but says nothing about being able to use any
    Excel features, such as formulas.
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Scudo
    Guest

    Re: excel office V excel viewer, slight problem

    Thanks Anne, I donwloaded to try it but although it allows viewing it does
    not allow any change, The whole point of my sheet is to allow users to put
    an updated currency rate in and then have it update the sheet prior to going
    on holiday.

    Thanks though.
    Scudo

    "Anne Troy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:#[email protected]...
    > The Excel viewer purports to be able to allow users to open, view, and
    > print, and even copy data, but says nothing about being able to use any
    > Excel features, such as formulas.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...BF4-996C-4569-
    B547-75EDBD03AAF0&displaylang=en

  4. #4
    gls858

    Scudo wrote:
    > Thanks Anne, I donwloaded to try it but although it allows viewing it does
    > not allow any change, The whole point of my sheet is to allow users to put
    > an updated currency rate in and then have it update the sheet prior to going
    > on holiday.
    >
    > Thanks though.
    > Scudo
    >
    > "Anne Troy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:#[email protected]...
    >> The Excel viewer purports to be able to allow users to open, view, and
    >> print, and even copy data, but says nothing about being able to use any
    >> Excel features, such as formulas.
    >>

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...BF4-996C-4569-
    > B547-75EDBD03AAF0&displaylang=en
    >> ************
    >> Hope it helps!
    >> Anne Troy
    >> www.OfficeArticles.com
    >>
    >> "Scudo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> I have simple spreadsheet for converting UK £s to Euro it is set up to

    > put
    >>> the current rate into a box and it converts automatically from one to

    > the
    >>> other from 50p to £100. I have sent this to a couple of people but they
    >>> have
    >>> `excel viewer` rather than `office` so the programme doesnt work for

    > them.
    >>> Is there a way around this, is there something I could download and redo
    >>> so
    >>> it works for them in `excel viewer`?
    >>>
    >>> thanks

    If that's the case then the viewer won't meet your needs.
    From Microsoft's Site. Watch for line wrap.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

    Overview

    With Excel Viewer 2003, you can open, view, and print Excel workbooks,
    even if you don't have Excel installed. You can also copy data from Excel
    Viewer 2003 to another program. However, you cannot *edit data*, save a
    workbook, or create a new workbook. This download is a replacement for
    Excel Viewer 97 and

    all previous Excel Viewer versions.

    To be able to edit the sheets they will need Excel.
    Or you might be able to use free software such as
    Star Office, but I'm not familiar with any of the free
    software options.

    gls858