remove read only

  1. #1
    ExcelNovice
    Guest

    remove read only

    Seeking to save project on cd-rw but after copying the file it only saves
    in read. I want to be able to work on the project from the cd. Can anyone
    help?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: remove read only

    Tips, don't ever work on a cd, floppy etc unless you want to end up with a
    corrupt workbook,
    use these for moving files, then copy to hd, work, then put back on
    removable media. Excel creates a lot of tmp files
    in tmp directories and then deletes them. This usually gets screwed up when
    working on a CD etc.

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Stevie
    Guest

    Re: remove read only

    > Seeking to save project on cd-rw but after copying the file it only
    > saves
    > in read. I want to be able to work on the project from the cd. Can
    > anyone
    > help?

    If after moving/copying the file to your hard drive it says "read only",
    right-click on the file (without opening it), choose Properties and uncheck
    "Read Only". It's best to work on a file that is on your hard drive rather
    than a CD-RW.