Multiple IF & VLOOKUP functions

  1. #1
    Serge
    Guest

    Multiple IF & VLOOKUP functions

    This formula below works as shown
    =IF(D10=0.5,(VLOOKUP(I10,Table_A,2,0))). the result is shown in 'J10'

    But 'D10' has 9 possibilities and 'I10' has to look up 9 tables; Table_A
    through Table_I which are in sheet three. for each possibility there is a
    table for the answer.

    Can someone help with this please.
    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Multiple IF & VLOOKUP functions

    One way:

    =VLOOKUP(I10, INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(D10, $M$1:$N$9,2)),2,FALSE)

    where

    M N
    1 0.5 Table_A
    2 0.74 Table_B
    3 ...

  3. #3
    Serge
    Guest

    Re: Multiple IF & VLOOKUP functions

    Thanks for your reply JE,
    Does this mean I need to create extra columns?

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Multiple IF & VLOOKUP functions

    Don't know how your data tables are set up - I suspect you could just
    create another table for the lookup...

  5. #5
    Serge
    Guest

    Re: Multiple IF & VLOOKUP functions

    Hello JE,
    I tried and failed, would you be interrested in looking at my spread sheet?
    Thanks,
    Serge

  6. #6
    Serge
    Guest

    Re: Multiple IF & VLOOKUP functions

    Hello JE,
    It's 7:15 pm at home and I finally understood the formula and it works fine.
    I'm so happy.
    Many thanks again.
    I just could not see my way through this without your help.
    Serge J.