Forgot to add a sheet to formula.

  1. #1
    Syahira
    Guest

    Forgot to add a sheet to formula.

    I'm creating a workbook regarding the traveling expenses of my teammates.
    Every sheet and tab have their name and I'm summing the in summary sheet in
    the workbook. Then I realised that I've forgot to add another one sheet into
    the formula in summary. Here is the example:

    Jofri!F8+'Ewe Chean'!F8+Yanti!F8+Huda!F8+'Jee Onn'!F8+'Chee
    Keet'!F8+Jessica!F8+Ellis!F8+JJ!F8+Syahira!F8+Ili!F8

    So how do I add the missing name / sheet to this formula. There are a lot of
    these formulas in the summary sheet.

    Thank You

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Forgot to add a sheet to formula.

    Put a first and last sheet around all sheets in question and use

    =SUM(First:Last!F8)

    I f all sheets are in one set (without any other sheets in-between you can
    replace first by the first of those sheets and the last with the last of
    those sheets, maybe something like

    =SUM(Jofri:Ili!F8)

    so you are doing far too much work. Otherwise use edit replace and replace
    the last sheet with the last sheet and the added sheet

    Find what

    Ili!F8

    replace with

    Ili!F8+nameF8

    replace all

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    (remove ^^ from email address)

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Syahira
    Guest

    Re: Forgot to add a sheet to formula.

    but what if I have multiple cells? Not just F8 only?

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Forgot to add a sheet to formula.

    =SUM(First:Last!F8)+=SUM(First:Last!F9)+ etc.

    is the simplest way

    Bob Phillips

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Forgot to add a sheet to formula.

    Here is an other way

    List all of the sheet names in cells M1:Mn, let's say M1:M3 in this example,
    and then use

    =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT(M1:M3&"!F8:F15"),"<>"))

    Bob Phillips