Preventing Info From Scrolling ... Possible ??

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Love City, USA

    Question Preventing Info From Scrolling ... Possible ??

    Hi, I'm just curious to know if it is possible to have a Text Box or other information
    Not Scroll (Stay Stationary) when scrolling horizontal or vertical?

    I do know about the Freeze Pane Feature but they are very limited to Top Row
    and maybe the first column which doesn't help my situation.

    Is there any other method of freezing Data not to scroll without using the Freeze Features?

    Thanks for any info on this...

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Preventing Info From Scrolling ... Possible ??

    Just some thoughts .. I'd usually make do by say, opening 2 windows (Window >
    New window), then Window > Arrange > Tiled / Horiz and possibly manually
    resize if necessary to suit.
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Love City, USA
    Thanks Max for the reply,

    I wish they would work on expanding the Freeze Panes or making use of a
    Floating text Box. My Format is already spaced for Optimized Width and It
    would be a bit more irritating to shift between windows, But none the less
    your method appears to be the best at hand... Thanks..

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Preventing Info From Scrolling ... Possible ??

    You're welcome, Mhz !

    > .. or making use of a Floating text Box.

    I played with some past code by Orlando Magalhães Filho (below)
    and it seems to do the above nicely (I just found the code <g>)

    Here's a sample file with the code implemented:
    http://www.savefile.com/files/7433679
    Floating Textbox Example.xls

    Steps:
    Draw a text box (default named:"Text Box 1") on the sheet first
    Then install the code by right-clicking on sheet tab > View code
    then copy n paste Orlando's code into the code window
    [ Adjust the x, y offsets to suit - I set these arbitrarily to 10]

    '---
    Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
    'by Orlando Magalhães Filho in .programming
    x_offset = 10
    y_offset = 10
    ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 1").Select
    With Cells(ActiveWindow.Panes(1).ScrollRow, _
    ActiveWindow.Panes(1).ScrollColumn)
    xpos = .Left + x_offset
    ypos = .Top + y_offset
    End With
    With Selection
    .Left = xpos
    .Top = ypos
    End With
    Target.Select
    End Sub
    '---

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Preventing Info From Scrolling ... Possible ??

    In the sample file, the demo textbox -- with the eye-catching classic Ferrari
    thrown in as a bonus <g> -- will remain fixed in the top left corner when we
    scroll down or across the sheet ..