unable to set the FormulaArray property of the Range class

  1. #1
    jim kozak
    Guest

    unable to set the FormulaArray property of the Range class

    Trying to use conditional sum for a range of dates. this used to work in
    Excel 95 doesn't seem to work here.

  2. #2
    jimkozak
    Guest

    RE: unable to set the FormulaArray property of the Range class

    More information------------

    If the selected cells do fall within a date range, corresponding cells, need
    to be summed. I am using this to sum items that are shipped in a given month.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: unable to set the FormulaArray property of the Range class

    Have you tried

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(rng>=--"2005-03-01"),--(rng<=--"2005-03-31"))

    which counts all items in March

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: unable to set the FormulaArray property of the Range class

    If I wanted to sum a specific month here is how I might go about it

    =SUM(IF(MONTH(A2:A60)=1, B2:B60))

    When you enter this it is an array formula so you need to hit Shift + Ctrl
    + Enter, instead of just enter. You will know if it is an array formula
    because it will end up with curly braces around it{}.

    Or better yet create a pivot table and group on the dates field to aggregate
    by months. That is actually a heck of a lot easier if you want to aggregate
    based on years, months, quarters... and / or by customer, region, store...
    Let me know if you want help giving that a try. It is really easy...

    HTH

  5. #5
    jimkozak
    Guest

    RE: unable to set the FormulaArray property of the Range class

    sounds interesting. right now i was able to get around the problem by
    actualling entering the upper and lower limits in the column 4/1/2005 and
    4/30/2005, then using conditional sum, then deleting the limits. It worked
    but i never should have had to enter the limits.

    What I have is a series of quotes in an excell spreadsheet, ordered by date.
    When these quotes are approved, I add the date in the next column, and when
    they are shipped, I add that date. All I am trying to do is add the shipped
    numbers. I know that I could sort based on shipping date but I like keeping
    them in quote order.