Auto_Open/Workbook_Open subroutines showing SCREENUPDATING

  1. #1
    WhytheQ
    Guest

    Auto_Open/Workbook_Open subroutines showing SCREENUPDATING

    My second time posting this question:

    Range("A1:N46") is the range that I want to fill the screen, whoever
    opens the workbook(with whatever configuration of toolbars they have on
    their application).
    On opening this workbook you can see the screenupdating - any way to
    hide this, or a possible workaround ?!!

    Sub Auto_Open()

    Application.Screenupdating = False

    Sheets(1).Select
    ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=-100
    ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-100

    Range("A1:N46").Select
    ActiveWindow.Zoom = True

    Application.Screenupdating = True

    End sub

    Any help greatly appreciated
    Jason Quirk

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Auto_Open/Workbook_Open subroutines showing SCREENUPDATING

    Hi Jason,

    > My second time posting this question:

    > On opening this workbook you can see the screenupdating - any way to
    > hide this, or a possible workaround ?!!

    Run all of the following:

    > Sheets(1).Select
    > ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=-100
    > ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-100
    >
    > Range("A1:N46").Select
    > ActiveWindow.Zoom = True

    before closing/saving the workbook.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Auto_Open/Workbook_Open subroutines showing SCREENUPDATING

    thanks for getting back to me Norman.
    the only problem with putting this code in the before_close or
    before_save modules is that if the zoomed settings are saved on machine
    A then when the next person opens the spreadsheet on machine B, with
    different toolbars showing on their application, then the area
    Range("A1:N46") probably won't fit perfectly zoomed on their screen!

    maybe i should have a plain screen that appears first when the
    spreadsheet is opened, with a button on it to go into the main control
    sheet: and when this button is hit then the below code is executed and
    hopefully the screenupdaing can be hidden while the control sheet is
    selected and the view is zoomed ?!