how to get the formula shown in linked cell's names

  1. #1
    EXCEL$B!!(BNEWS
    Guest

    how to get the formula shown in linked cell's names

    hi,

    i want get the formula as a text shown in the linked cell's names instead of
    the linked cell's addresses,

    maybe Apllynames can do it ,but it cannot return the formula to be shown in
    the linked cell's addresses.

    i just only want to get the formula a text shown in the linked cell's names
    , not to want the cell is really shown in the linked cell's names .

    thanks

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: how to get the formula shown in linked cell's names

    ActiveCell.Name.RefersTo

    or just
    ActiveCell.Name

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Leung
    Guest

    RE: how to get the formula shown in linked cell's names

    Hi

    is Ctrl + `

    works for you?

    ` is the key next to 1 on the keyboard.

  4. #4
    EXCEL$B!!(BNEWS
    Guest

    Re: how to get the formula shown in linked cell's names

    THANKS AGAIN.

    but maybe my misunderstanding,

    it dosent work well.

    Regards

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    EXCEL NEWS
    Guest

    Re: how to get the formula shown in linked cell's names

    Thanks .
    i got it.

    thanks

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: how to get the formula shown in linked cell's names

    Well your question was not very clear. Maybe you want to try again. My
    answer was a guess at what you were asking.

  7. #7
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: how to get the formula shown in linked cell's names

    so you want to toggle between viewing formulas and viewing the results of
    those formulas. (a little clearer, no? )

    in addition to the shortcut combination, Tools=>Options=>view tab, select or
    unselect formulas under windows options.
    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...