Simple for you hard for me (newbie alert)

  1. #1
    Harrington, DE, USA

    Question Simple for you hard for me (newbie alert)

    Sorry if this is simple for you I am new to programming in Excel.

    =AND(Cell>0.799999,MOD(ROW(),2)<>0)

    I have been using a formula simular to the one above...

    I want to have alternating background colors and if the number is equal to or over 80% I want the text to turn red.

    How can I do this?

    I have figured out how to use "=MOD(ROW(),2)<>0)" and
    =Cell is >0.799999

    but I want to combine them.

    Thanks for your help,
    Nathan

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: Simple for you hard for me (newbie alert)

    Use conditional formatting command from the Format Menu Item. You can
    specify the threshold and determine the text color from there.

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

    "NathanS" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Simple for you hard for me (newbie alert)

    See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows for some instruction on
    colour banding.

    RP

    news:OVz4O%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Harrington, DE, USA

    So no one knows or it can not be done?

    I know how to make alternating color backgrounds........ my problem is I was wantnig to combine things...

    1. 70%
    2. 75%
    3. 81%
    4. 83%
    5. 73%
    6. 89%

    I want background to be grey lines 2,4,6

    I want the foreground (text color) to be Black and on lines 3,4,6 to be Red

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Simple for you hard for me (newbie alert)

    Then combine the formats!

    RP