Code / Add In to remove unnecessary white space

  1. #1
    Gazza
    Guest

    Code / Add In to remove unnecessary white space

    Can anyone supply me with the code or suggest any web-sites that might
    provide a suitable Add-In for Excel that I can run which would

    A - Remove any worksheets from a workbook that has no entries on it

    B - Delete all superfluous rows and columns

    The company I work for are being very critical about the size of shared
    spreadsheets being forwarded over the network so I am looking for a routine
    to delete all the excess baggage in files to be sent to other users.

    I have set up Excel to only give me 7 worksheets on a new book but if I only
    use one worksheet and only use the range A1 to H10 I want to be able to
    "delete" every other worksheet and unused rows and columns.

    Thanks

    Gazza

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Code / Add In to remove unnecessary white space

    You can delete the other sheets, but not the rows or columns. Excel has a
    fixed number of rows/columns per sheet that cannot be changed.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gazza
    Guest

    Re: Code / Add In to remove unnecessary white space

    well how about code that will check all other sheets for input and delete
    blank ones.
    and then check sheets with data and hide all blank rows and columns

    Thanks

    Gazza

    news:[email protected]...