Data Validation between open Workbooks

  1. #1
    caldog
    Guest

    Data Validation between open Workbooks

    I have a several lists in WorkbookA that is has a name range assign to each
    list. WorkbookB is the workbook where the data validation is applied.
    WorkbookA
    is kept opened as well.

    But I get one of two errors when tring to apply data validation:
    1. The Source currently evaluates to an error.
    2. A Named range you specified can not be found.

    Can anybody give me some insite as to why I'm getting these two type of
    errors.

    Steve

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation between open Workbooks

    In the destination workbook, create a name that refers to the list in
    the source workbook. There are instructions here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List