Suggestions on resources on UserForms

  1. #1
    excelnut1954
    Guest

    Suggestions on resources on UserForms

    I'm going to create a UserForm that will serve as an entry screen for
    users to input data for each new record entered that day. I've created
    some UserForms, and they work fine. But, they are rather simple. This
    new one will be more complex.

    For instance, the 1st box they will enter in is for PO numbers. When
    they tab out of that box, I want to compare that number with the PO
    numbers already on the list. If there is a duplicate, a message box
    will come up, telling him of the duplicate. After hitting the OK button
    from that message box, a screen will come up showing that record from
    the current list, and allow the user to edit any of the entries for
    that PO. This happens often when there are multiple material shipments
    received towards the same PO on different dates. (This is not an
    official PO receipt system. Just a stand-alone spreadsheet showing
    where material is stored in the warehouse.)

    I also want to have a counter for each of the new records added that
    day. And, there are lots of other stuff I've been think of, and will
    think of as I go along.

    QUESTION IS: Any suggestions on resources that cover UserForms in
    great detail???
    I'd like to learn all the things you can do via UserForms, without
    having to ask EVERY SINGLE QUESTION here. That being said, I know I
    will always borrow knowledge from the folks here.
    Books, websites, whatever..... any suggestion would be helpful.
    This is a classy site. Love it.
    Thanks,
    J.O.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Suggestions on resources on UserForms

    See this tutorial here
    http://www.*****-blog.com/excel/2004...g_userfor.html

    How to use Visual Basic for Applications examples to control UserForms in
    Microsoft Excel

    XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data (Q161514)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=161514

    XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data (Q213749)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213749

    Here are some other sources of information:

    http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
    Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
    Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

    XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

    XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

    How to use Visual Basic for Applications examples to control UserForms in
    Microsoft Excel

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=168067
    File Title: Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) for Applications Examples for
    Controlling UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97
    File Name: WE1163.EXE
    File Size: 161742 bytes
    File Date: 05/08/97
    UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97. It includes examples and Microsoft Visual
    Basic for Applications macros that show you how to take advantage of the
    capabilities of UserForms and use each of the ActiveX controls that are
    available for UserForms

    Peter Aiken Articles:
    Part I
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...FormsPartI.asp
    Part II
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ormsPartII.asp

    http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/Default.htm
    http://maths.sci.shu.ac.uk/units/ioa/ <- Excel VBA tutorial

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q168067

    Stephen Bullen's site:
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
    Find FORMFUN.zip and download/expand

    Regards,
    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    excelnut1954
    Guest

    Re: Suggestions on resources on UserForms

    Excellent!! Good thing I got Monday off...... Lots of reading
    Thanks Tom.