How do I copy selected cells in excel and paste into word table

  1. #1
    REVA
    Guest

    How do I copy selected cells in excel and paste into word table

    I am using Excel 97 as a database and want to select a specific Row, and then
    Copy and Paste Specific Cells within that Row into a Word document template I
    am using as an invoice. I will be doing only ONE invoice at a time. I have
    been unable to create a macro because it won't let me copy more than one cell
    or open another program. I am able to do it all manually by copying each
    cell and then using clipboard to manually paste each item into my Word 97
    Table. The data in Word must go Down instead of Across.

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: How do I copy selected cells in excel and paste into word table

    Reva,
    Is it possible with XL97 (I have Office 2003) to consider using
    Word mail merge as means of getting the data into your Word document by
    creating a single record (row) with the required data and invoking Word MM
    from Excel?

    If this is viable, then multiple invoices are also a possibility.

  3. #3
    REVA
    Guest

    RE: How do I copy selected cells in excel and paste into word tabl

    Thank you for your information. It is possible with 97, but after researching
    further, I ended up using a Macro.