USERFORM DISAPPEARS ON EXCEL MINIMIZE

  1. #1
    Ian Digby
    Guest

    USERFORM DISAPPEARS ON EXCEL MINIMIZE

    When I minimize Excel, my VBA Userforms disappear. I thought the Userform
    ThunderdFrame class window was not a child of Excel, so why does it
    disappear?

    Any help would be much appreciated.
    --
    Work performed in the spirit of service is worship...Baha'i Writings

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: USERFORM DISAPPEARS ON EXCEL MINIMIZE

    I haven't observed this behavior.

    as an example, putting this in the userform module:

    Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Application.Visible = False
    End Sub

    Private Sub UserForm_Terminate()
    Application.Visible = True
    End Sub

    worked fine, showing the useform as modal or modeless

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ian Digby
    Guest

    Re: USERFORM DISAPPEARS ON EXCEL MINIMIZE

    Tom,
    Thanks for this observation. I discovered that the cause of this problem was
    the existence in memory of a "garbage" form object. Earlier in the code I had
    instantiated a different form class but had not set it to "Nothing".

    When Excel was minimized, this caused it to destroy the later form object.

    I do not understand the mechanics of why Excel did this but anyone
    experiencing similar problems should check whether they have un-terminated
    form classes which have been finished with, and set them to Nothing before
    displaying their latest form.

    Any further discussion/observations would be most welcome.

    Ian