Retain colours of figures using vlookup between pages

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Quo Vadis
    Guest

    Retain colours of figures using vlookup between pages

    Can colour of text or figures be requested in formules like vlookup so that
    what information you called up can be shown in its original colors

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Retain colours of figures using vlookup between pages

    No, there is no way to have a built-in formula lookup any formatting. You
    would need to code this in VBA, probably by the _Calculate event procedure;
    you would need to find the cell's precedents and use that to find the
    formatting of the source cell, copy it to the target cell. Not an easy task
    and I don't have time right now to try to work it out!
    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3

    Re: Retain colours of figures using vlookup between pages

    And on top of that, formulas don't support this kind of character by character
    formatting.

    You'd have to convert the formula to a value, then do the formatting--and then
    find a way to replace the lost formula (worksheet_change???)