Allows users to only paste in cell A1

  1. #1

    Allows users to only paste in cell A1

    I need someway of allowing users to only paste in cell A1. Now I can't
    just create a user editable range and then protect the other cells as
    the user will be pasting a table of data exported from an external
    programming. I just need the data to only be allowed to be pasted in
    cell A1 so I can have a worksheet that links to the data, correctly use
    vlookup on it.
    How would I make it so that all the data is pasted only starting at
    cell A1.

    Also I would like to prevent the users from being able to drag a range
    of data as well on the worksheet. So when they paste it there should
    be no way of moving it around otherwise this may also mess up my
    vlookup formulas I have linked to the sheet.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Allows users to only paste in cell A1

    Application.DragAndDrop = False
    If Intersect(target,Columns(1)) is nothing then
    Application.CutcopyMode = False
    End if
    End Sub

    Put this in the Sheet module of the sheet

    You would need to enable DragAndDrop in other sheets, perhaps using the
    Activate events.

    Chip Pearson's page on events

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...