needing some If Range value

  1. #1
    Johnny Mick
    Guest

    needing some If Range value

    Good afternoon ,
    I'm lost . . .this bit of code is used in a 'call.' it works fine in the
    body of the program, but does not work in any of my 'calls.' why??? I've
    tried just about everything (except reboot). Still a rookie here, but I
    can't seem to figure this out. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

    For count = 3 To 1000
    If Range("A" & count) = "Lanham" Then
    If Range("H" & count) = "IX*" Then
    figure = figure + 1
    Next count

  2. #2
    Johnny Mick
    Guest

    RE: needing some If Range value

    here's an example of the data the loop is 'counting' through:
    A H
    Lanham CK082917
    Lanham CK082780
    Lanham PT204185
    Lawyer CK082960
    Lawyer RB01MZW-060A
    Lawyer RA01MZW-060A
    Lawyer PT204673
    Lawyer R01MRIC-060P

  3. #3
    Johnny Mick
    Guest

    RE: needing some If Range value

    I guess my trouble post was a little too vague. . . thanks anyway. . .I
    figured it out. For some reason, I wasn't able to use '=' when comparing a
    value with a wildcard. . .I ended up using 'Like' and it is working fine.