Analysing a list of dates

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Analysing a list of dates

    Hi guys/gals,

    I have a worksheet with 3 columns on it:
    Version, Type, Release Date

    I need to be able to analyse the date and when a version's Release Date is in the current month, I need to display a message or some other notification.

    Can anyone tell me how this might be possible.

    thanks in advance,
    Matt

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Analysing a list of dates

    Use conditional formatting:

    Select a date cell (say A1) and pull-down
    Format > Conditional Formatting... then select Formula is and enter:
    =(MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY())) and then pick a hi-light format

    Then copy the format down the column.

    This will hi-light all the dates in the current month. The dates don't even
    have to be sorted.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Analysing a list of dates

    Matt,

    For r=2 to 100
    If Month(Cells(r, "C")) = Month(Now()) Then
    MsgBox "Released this month"
    End If
    Next r

    HTH

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary''s Student
    Use conditional formatting:

    Select a date cell (say A1) and pull-down
    Format > Conditional Formatting... then select Formula is and enter:
    =(MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY())) and then pick a hi-light format

    Then copy the format down the column.

    This will hi-light all the dates in the current month. The dates don't even
    have to be sorted.
    --
    Gary's Student
    thanks for that, it works great. Is it possible to look at the month AND the year on the same formula?

    Toppers, yours also worked wonders too.
    got to decide which to go for now!!

  5. #5
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Analysing a list of dates

    For r = 2 To 100
    If Application.And(Month(Cells(r, "C")) = Month(Now()), Year(Cells(r, "C"))
    = Year(Now())) Then
    MsgBox "Released this month"
    End If
    Next r

    OR
    for conditional formatting

    =AND(MONTH(A2)=MONTH(TODAY()),YEAR(A2)=YEAR(TODAY()))