How do i grab a table value to fill a cell?

  1. #1
    gail1166
    Guest

    How do i grab a table value to fill a cell?

    I need to change two columns on a spread sheet to match the table for vendor
    codes and ledger codes. In other words, on the spreadsheet it shows the code
    and I want the actual name to appear from a sheet that lists all the codes
    with the corresponding name.

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: How do i grab a table value to fill a cell?

    Look at VLOOKUP function.

    Assuming your lookup table has the code in Col A and Names in Col B on
    Sheet2 rows 2 to 100 then

    =Vlookup(<vendorcode>,Sheet2!a2:b100,2,false)

    where <vendorcode> is the code in your first sheet; this can be a cell e.g
    A1 with formula in B1:

    =Vlookup(A1,Sheet2!a2:b100,2,false)

    This formula will need to be a new column in your first sheet. Copy down as
    required.

    If you want to replace the code with the name i.e in same cell, will need to
    use VBA.

    HTH