X-axis on graph

  1. #1
    KJ
    Guest

    X-axis on graph

    I am graphing some data. I would like to use specific x-axis values. Like
    say, starting from 0 to 10 and use major increments of 2 and minor of 0.5.
    Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

  2. #2
    James Silverton
    Guest

    Re: X-axis on graph

    KJ wrote on Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:10:32 -0800:

    K> I am graphing some data. I would like to use specific
    K> x-axis values. Like say, starting from 0 to 10 and use
    K> major increments of 2 and minor of 0.5. Is there a way to
    K> do this? Thanks!

    I was initially inclined to say RTFM but you know, "Help" on
    this is hard to find or some people at Microsoft don't think the
    same way as me! The instructions are given under "Change a value
    axis", something that does not mean much to me :-)

    The route is:-
    Right-click on the axis/Format axis/Scale.

    James Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland..

  3. #3
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: X-axis on graph

    KJ -

    Use an XY (Scatter) chart type. It's the only chart type that has a numeric
    X axis.

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

    news:[email protected]...