+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Remove content of last visited pages in "Insert Hyperlink" dialog

  1. #1
    Excel bloke
    Guest

    Remove content of last visited pages in "Insert Hyperlink" dialog

    I am working on a borrowed pc, from which I would like to remove the content
    of the listed "last visited pages" in the dialogue box "insert hyperlink" in
    Excel. Does anyone know how to do that?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Remove content of last visited pages in "Insert Hyperlink" dialog

    Emptying your Temporary Internet Files will clear the "browsed pages" cache.

    Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Delete TIF


    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 05:58:02 -0700, Excel bloke <Excel
    bloke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am working on a borrowed pc, from which I would like to remove the content
    >of the listed "last visited pages" in the dialogue box "insert hyperlink" in
    >Excel. Does anyone know how to do that?



  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-02-2006
    Posts
    95

    Still doesn't empty the contents in Browsed Pages folder

    Hi Gord,
    I've cleared the history, delete the cookies, deleted the temp internet files and offline content. But, within Excel's hyperlink menu, the Browsed Pages also saves history in another folder. So history is still being logged somewhere. I used to be able to use Windows Explorer to delete the contents manually via
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft

    There used to be a Recent folder of browsed pages that Excel accesses the history. I'm using XP Professional, Excel2003 and somehow that location doesn't have the Recent files anymore. I've also tried this address but it too fails me.
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Ricky


    Quote Originally Posted by Gord Dibben
    Emptying your Temporary Internet Files will clear the "browsed pages" cache.

    Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Delete TIF


    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 05:58:02 -0700, Excel bloke <Excel
    bloke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am working on a borrowed pc, from which I would like to remove the content
    >of the listed "last visited pages" in the dialogue box "insert hyperlink" in
    >Excel. Does anyone know how to do that?

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Remove content of last visited pages in "Insert Hyperlink" dialog

    When I clear history through Internet Options, the Hyperlink Browsed Pages in
    Excel go away.

    You may want to try using CleanCache 3.3 from ButtUgly

    http://www.buttuglysoftware.com/


    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:29:17 -0500, ExcelQuestion
    <ExcelQuestion.29933z_1150050603.3903@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

    >
    >Hi Gord,
    >I've cleared the history, delete the cookies, deleted the temp internet
    >files and offline content. But, within Excel's hyperlink menu, the
    >Browsed Pages also saves history in another folder. So history is
    >still being logged somewhere. I used to be able to use Windows
    >Explorer to delete the contents manually via
    >C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application
    >Data\Microsoft
    >
    >There used to be a Recent folder of browsed pages that Excel accesses
    >the history. I'm using XP Professional, Excel2003 and somehow that
    >location doesn't have the Recent files anymore. I've also tried this
    >address but it too fails me.
    >C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Ricky
    >
    >
    >Gord Dibben Wrote:
    >> Emptying your Temporary Internet Files will clear the "browsed pages"
    >> cache.
    >>
    >> Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Delete TIF
    >>
    >>
    >> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
    >>
    >> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 05:58:02 -0700, Excel bloke <Excel
    >> bloke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I am working on a borrowed pc, from which I would like to remove the

    >> content
    >> >of the listed "last visited pages" in the dialogue box "insert

    >> hyperlink" in
    >> >Excel. Does anyone know how to do that?



  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-02-2006
    Posts
    95

    Didn't work

    Hi Gord,
    Good program to have even without this thread question. I ran it but when I go into the Hyperlink, clicked on Browsed Pages, the pages are still all there.

    I downloaded the 3.3 version. Nothing. It requires that I have .Net Framework 1.1. I'm not sure what that is or whether I have it or not. I'm running on XP Professional.

    So the mystery still stands...where does the Browsed Pages get their page links from.

    Thanks,
    Ricky


    Quote Originally Posted by Gord Dibben
    When I clear history through Internet Options, the Hyperlink Browsed Pages in
    Excel go away.

    You may want to try using CleanCache 3.3 from ButtUgly

    http://www.buttuglysoftware.com/


    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:29:17 -0500, ExcelQuestion
    <ExcelQuestion.29933z_1150050603.3903@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

    >
    >Hi Gord,
    >I've cleared the history, delete the cookies, deleted the temp internet
    >files and offline content. But, within Excel's hyperlink menu, the
    >Browsed Pages also saves history in another folder. So history is
    >still being logged somewhere. I used to be able to use Windows
    >Explorer to delete the contents manually via
    >C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application
    >Data\Microsoft
    >
    >There used to be a Recent folder of browsed pages that Excel accesses
    >the history. I'm using XP Professional, Excel2003 and somehow that
    >location doesn't have the Recent files anymore. I've also tried this
    >address but it too fails me.
    >C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Ricky
    >
    >
    >Gord Dibben Wrote:
    >> Emptying your Temporary Internet Files will clear the "browsed pages"
    >> cache.
    >>
    >> Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Delete TIF
    >>
    >>
    >> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
    >>
    >> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 05:58:02 -0700, Excel bloke <Excel
    >> bloke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I am working on a borrowed pc, from which I would like to remove the

    >> content
    >> >of the listed "last visited pages" in the dialogue box "insert

    >> hyperlink" in
    >> >Excel. Does anyone know how to do that?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1