Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

How do I set up automatic colour fill of a cell prompted by text?

  1. #1
    GEM
    Guest

    How do I set up automatic colour fill of a cell prompted by text?

    A column in a spreadsheet shows the staus of each project. The cells are
    colour coded to clearly show the status eg. Red = Overdue, Green = Complete
    etc.. Is it possible to prompt the cell to colour automatically by entered
    text eg. Type Overdue and the cell automatically turns red?

  2. #2
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up automatic colour fill of a cell prompted by text?

    GEM wrote:
    > A column in a spreadsheet shows the staus of each project. The cells are
    > colour coded to clearly show the status eg. Red = Overdue, Green = Complete
    > etc.. Is it possible to prompt the cell to colour automatically by entered
    > text eg. Type Overdue and the cell automatically turns red?

    Hi,

    Maybe you can use Conditional Formatting.

    Highlight the column with status of the projects. Go to Format ->
    Conditional Formatting.

    Under Condition 1 chose Cell Value Is - egual to and type Overdue.
    Clik Format -> Patterns chose Red and clik OK.

    Now Clik Add and repeat the above just with Complete and Green.

    Regards,
    Bondi

Closed Thread