I'm new to the forum and have been searching all over the place for some VBA code proposal I could apply to my problem.
Sadly I'm very inexperienced still (began learning on my own some weeks ago) and therefore haven't gotten a lot further.
The big list of data I work with in sheet 1 is as follows:
Sales contracts in A:A
Product in B:B
The number of products booked per Sales contract in cell A in C:C
A valid start date in D:D
A valid end date in E:E
The number of months validity in F:F (which I calculate myself based on C and D's input by means of formula)
What I'm looking for in the VBA code:
to allow me to paste data in sheet1 according to the structure above and accordingly will create in sheet2 a table per contract and product with
- a column for each month of the date range per contract, e.g. C1= 01.07.2016 and D1= 30.09.2016 so July 2016, August 2016 and September 2016
- divide the number of products on that contract equally over each month
- months outside of the range of course should not show any value
- needs to allow year changeovers
- preferably ran after a click on a button
We have made a file with excel formula but it's not pretty (plus sensitive info), so hence my post here
I've made a layout example in excel but can't attach it for some reason.
Any help is much appreciated, of course I will continue to study my file improvements but a start would be great!