Combobox: Make "Enter" = Select

  1. #1

    Combobox: Make "Enter" = Select

    Oh this one is an embarassing question. From it's nature it reeks of obvious. I have a feeling I can't see the forest in front of me for my nose has treebark up it from being burried in a knothole.

    "We" are in a combobox typing. I like what has been typed, so I wish to select it, regardless of whether it was from the selection list or a new entry. I can simply click another field to do so. I want the <Enter> key to do pretty much the same, moving focus to another field from the control to a spreadsheet cell. The control is on the sheet, not on a separate form. I tried toggling Tools: Options: Edit: Move Selection to on, but that didn't do beans. What am I completely missing here? Whenever I press <Enter>, it just stares back at me doing nothing.

    I have been holding off asking this question for a month out of embarrassment, but it's time to take the plunge.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Combobox: Make "Enter" = Select

    It isn't totally clear what you want, but there is no inherent support for
    moving focus from a control toolbox combobox to a worksheet cell by hitting
    the enter key.

    See this discussion by Rob Bovey on tabbing between controls on a worksheet.
    It isn't what you want, but you should be able to use the same technique to
    capture the enter key and perform the action that you want.

    http://tinyurl.com/lxv7e

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Glad to see it wasn't my inability to find something obvious, and thanks! It was exactly the right solution.