I have got a VBA script that establishes a Data Connection to an online CSV file. The file is on a website (Basecamp) that has a login. Rather than somehow submitting a username/password in the macro, all I used to do was make sure the website was open in Internet Explorer and I was logged in to it. Excel would pick up on the fact that I was logged in to the website and access the file without problems.

However, since upgrading my computer and now using Office 2013, this does not work anymore. Excel cannot connect to the file, even if I have got the site open in IE and am logged in to it. I am fairly sure it is related to the authentication, I just don't know how to fix it?

Here is the script we are currently using:

Sub RefreshButton_Click()
For I = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Timesheet Data").QueryTables.Count To 1 Step -1
With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Timesheet Data").QueryTables(I)
End With
Next I
With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Timesheet Data").QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
"TEXT;http://[company name].basecamphq.com/projects/" & Range("Project_ID").Value & "/time_entries.csv", _
Destination:=Range("'Timesheet Data'!$A$1"))
.Name = "time_entries"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = True
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.TextFilePromptOnRefresh = False
.TextFilePlatform = 437
.TextFileStartRow = 2
.TextFileParseType = xlDelimited
.TextFileTextQualifier = xlTextQualifierDoubleQuote
.TextFileConsecutiveDelimiter = False
.TextFileTabDelimiter = False
.TextFileSemicolonDelimiter = False
.TextFileCommaDelimiter = True
.TextFileSpaceDelimiter = False
.TextFileColumnDataTypes = Array(1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1)
.TextFileTrailingMinusNumbers = True
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With
' ThisWorkbook.Connections.Item("time_entries").Refresh
End Sub

Thanks for the help!